Vacational Rental Booking Software
Choosing a company who will provide you with the knowledge, tools and support that you need to run your property management company is a daunting task. There are increasing numbers of software companies, all claiming to provide the best vacational rental booking software. This article guides you through features that are essential in a software provider.
What should you look for in a vacational rental booking software supplier?
- They are looking at what is coming next: The vacation rental industry is in a period of great change making it an exciting time to be involved. A software provider needs to listen to its clients, industry influencers, be aware of market trends, consumer needs, and legal and technical changes and in order to improve the quality of the industry’s reputation, through the development of software which meets your customers ever changing needs and demands.
- They have got the tools for the job: Managing vacation rental properties is a complex procedure of customer, guest, owner communications, online synchronised calendars, owners intranets, accounting management, authority and legal exportations, external provider management, and channel management, amongst others. Each company will provide different features to differing quality levels. You need to understand what tools your company needs and wants, both now, and in the future.
- Security is core to their business: It’s no surprise to hear that cybercrime has increased, hand in hand with the market demands to have more processes instantaneously and online, such as credit card payments and online booking. The best vacation rental management system providers know this, and build security features into their designs to combat unauthorised hands reaching into your pocket, data records or damaging your hard earned reputation.
- They will lift the weight from your back: Running a business takes increasing hours of repetitive tasks, and as the market develops and customer expectations and legal requirements increase, this will continue to grow. The best software companies implement business intelligence features (learn more about task automation) and focus on opportunities to reduce the management time of tasks and activities required to run your business.
- They will stand by your side: The best industry software providers know that a software solution is not just the product, but a dedicated service. Experienced, multi-lingual technical and support teams need to be available to provide not just initial but also ongoing training in a way that suits you through online guides, skype training sessions or live training presentations. They need to be on hand to give guidance with new features, and find swift resolution of any hiccups when they happen.
- They will take you to your customers: Your customers are out there, and they will either come to you, or you have to go to them. Going to them means having a channel manager with connections to both global, and local, specialised portals. The best software providers will have designed smooth processes for connecting and managing easily to the portals that best reach your market with no hidden charges, and will have carefully developed preferred partnerships with the best portals to benefit your business.
- They will bring customers to you: For customers to come to you, your software provider should have specialised vacation rental websites incorporated into the vacation rental software. These need to be designed entirely for the holiday rental industry with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as a foundation to drive traffic to you. All features should be designed to maximise the number of sales you make through easy conversion processes.
For more information on Avantio and how we can help your vacation rental business grow, please do not hesitate to contact us.
You can read more about the best vacation rental management software in a previous post.