Avantio, a leading international company in the vacation tourism sector, is selecting a Database Administrator to join our team in Valencia.
It is an excellent opportunity to be part of a great team of more than 80 people of different nationalities, where you can learn and contribute, participating in interesting and stimulating software engineering projects.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for people passionate about the management and performance of databases
- Motivated people, with initiative and desire to learn
- Good communication skills and work great in teams.
- Ability to investigate, propose and implement changes in our systems.
- Advanced knowledge in the administration of Relational Databases
- Installation, configuration, performance tunning and maintenance in general.
- Experience and skills in problem solving
- Experience in SQL Server relational databases
- Experience in non-relational databases type MongoDB
- Configuration management in continuous integration environments and Jenkins continuous delivery (Deployment pipeline).
- Experience in management of various Cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
- Be an active member of a technical community.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Curious and eager to learn.
We are looking for professionals with the ability to work in teams, ability to improve and take on new challenges to work with the following functions:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and updating of environments.
- Management of the necessary space for the storage of the databases (Capacity Planning).
- Analysis and modification of the database structure according to requirements or programming needs.
- Monitoring and optimization of the performance of the database and associated queries, execution plans, indexes, queries in parallel, partitions.
- Refined database business design for adaptation to optimal data models.
- Control of Access to Data and privileges.
- Development, management, maintenance and testing of backup copies and recovery plans.
- Work together with Project Managers and development teams to ensure the integrity and security of the database
- Systems and policies for archiving and retaining databases
What we do offer?
- Work in a young and dynamic environment, in one of our 5 development teams with philosophy "Agile" + "DevOps".
- Work with agile working methodologies (Scrum / Kanban), continuous integration, automated deploys, Docker infrastructures, ...
- Immediate incorporation.
- Full-time contract
- Salary 18,000 - € 30,000 gross per year according to experience and knowledge.
Application formIf you are interested in Working with Avantio, please complete the following form.