Vacation rental News
Improved security to protect Vacation Rental Management Software users
As part of our ongoing commitment to our property managers, we have reviewed and improved several areas of security across our Vacation Rental Software.
New safety measures from April 2016
With ongoing concerns of data security, we constantly look for ways to keep your data safe in conjunction with the latest PCI DSS (the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) recommendations.
An approved SSL Certificate has been added to the entire Vacation Rental Management Software. This secures the data passed between your computer and our Vacation Rental Management Software offering more protection for your customers.
A new mechanism which logs all activity on the Vacation Rental Management Software has been put in place. This can be used in the case of foul play to identify the cause.
Accounts which are inactive for a long period of time will be deactivated. This is to prevent unauthorised users accessing accounts.
- New requirements for characters used in new passwords. These are to prevent hackers guessing easy passwords.
- Improved encryption of how we store your passwords. This is to prevent hackers stealing your passwords.
- New processes for Password recovery and New user password generation. This ensures that your passwords are securely created by you on the Vacation Rental Management System.
- A new process which requires you to change your passwords more frequently. This is to prevent stolen passwords being usable after a period of time.
- A new security process which will restrict access to the account for 30 minutes after six attempts with the wrong password. This is to prevent hackers trying to access your account using computer generated passwords.
- A new process which requires users to re-sign into the account if the account is idle for a long period of time. This is to prevent unauthorised people accessing your account while you are signed in.
The majority of these improvements are behind the scenes, so they are detailed above for your information.
For additional information on how to improve data security within your Property Management company, please read our series of security blog posts on SSL Certificates, Passwords, PCI Wallet and PCI guidelines.
For more information on the PCI DSS guidelines, please see their extensive library.
Avantio Vacation Rental Channel Manager News
The latest news and updates from the Avantio Vacation Rental System
Meet our New Partner: Interview With Jeremy Gall Breezeway’s CEO
We had the pleasure of interviewing Breezeway´s CEO Jeremy Gall to understand the positive impact of optimizing property care for vacation rentals.
The Importance of Simplifying the Check-in Process for the Vacation Rental Agencies
Adding a Check-In Online to a Vacation Rental Company can improve the user experience while you save time and money. Discover aCheck-in by Avantio.
How to Reach the High Standards of a Demanding Tourist
Having a productive and efficient sales team in your vacation rental business can bring you more reservations and better quality service. Read our tips...
We are Thrilled to Welcome Key Data Dashboard as a Preferred Partner!
Data is the basis of good decision-making. Avantio partners with KeyData one of the most professional business intelligence tools in the vacation rental.
The First Vacation Rental Software With Intelligent Date Search!
The Avantio Web team, has developed the Intelligent Date Search in response to the current travel trends.
The Importance of Having a Powerful Channel Manager
Having a powerful Channel Manager can help you maximize your time, increase revenue and analyze data so you can make the right decisions.
Avantio collaboration with PriceLabs
For clients interested in maximising the revenue from their property portfolio, Avantio presents the collaboration with Pricelabs.
Digital keys for vacation rental properties
Synchronize the reservation processes with the allocation and management of digital keys. Automate these processes from your VRMS account. We make it possible for Avantio’s clients due to our collaboration with STAYmyway.
Increase your sales and competitiveness with Guest Area 2.0
The Guest Area is a new feature available for our Avantio customers, which adds more service to the customer through a simple. attractive, dynamic interface with valuable information.