Vacation rental News
6 Techniques to attract more visits to your vacation rental website
The number of professional vacation rental agencies website is growing exponentially online. With this increasingly competitive sector: How to differentiate your website and increase your visits? Avantio reveals 6 techniques to attract more traffic to your website and increase the possibility of converting them into your next guests.
1. Study the keywords
Keywords research (the terms that search engine users enter in the search box) is essential to position your webiste in Google and that your target audience are able to find you.
The Google Adwords Keyword Planner is a tool that you can use for free, as long as, you are registered in this Google application. It is very useful to carry out keyword research. You can use both this and other online tools to use these results in your titles, content, meta descriptions, etc.
2. Continuous optimization
- Optimize keywords to appear in titles, meta descriptions and headings.
- Check the speed of your website with Google Page Speed.
- SSL Certificate: Since 2017, Google imposed that all websites must have it, so it is one of the factors that Google will evaluate to determine your position in a search. At the same time, it makes your website safer, since your guests can browse your website, entering their personal data without fear of being stolen.
- Content must be commercial, and that’s what we talk about in the next point.
3. Content is king
The content attracts and make your users loyal to your website. That is why your blog should have weight and importance within your website. There you can expose your product, your company, your news. Using a complete strategy of content marketing is a mandatory action. You can publish: articles, infographics, contests, videos, travel guides, interviews, interactive maps of your properties …
Always aim your contents to your target audience, analyzing their needs, trends and behavior. This will help you to have more visibility on your page, getting mentions from other pages or social networks.
If the content is of quality, you will also get your users to spend more time browsing your website, which will improve the user experience, another factor that Google values very positively and that will help improve your web positioning.
4. Use e-mail marketing
- E-mail marketing is the easiest (and cheapest) way to reach your target audience and old customers, as long as you keep in mind the regulations that monitor abusive email advertising practices.
- Grow your contact list with: e-mails from former clients, newsletter subscribers, organizing raffles, offering downloadable content …
- Use tools such as MailChimp, to send offers, news and everything that may be of interest to your target audience.
- You can even customize the delivery so that the e-mails are closer and personal to each contact, with for example, with the Harmony task automation module.
5. Benefit from the collaborators
The links are still a very powerful way that search engines classify websites and even more, if they are on important pages that can take users to your website.
Archiving links naturally is the ideal way to obtain them without taking any risk, but there is also the possibility of connecting with relevant people to obtain links: opinion leaders in the sector, press releases, contacting “influencers” who are directed to your target audience, etc.
You must offer them something of value and that’s where the content comes back into play, since a great content can help you get excellent links to your website.
6. PPC campaigns
PPC (Pay Per Click) campaigns are a form of ad where the advertiser only pays when the user clicks on the ad. The advantages of this will be that:
- Your brand will have more visibility.
- Lower expenses than other platforms, since they only charge if they click.
- You can edit the targeting of your ads to reach only the audience you want.
- You have control at all times to set prices in the form of a bid and establish daily limits.
- You will be able to measure the results, check how many reservations of your accommodations you have obtained for each advertisement or campaign and its total amount.
The most popular platforms for the PPC and that we recommend for your vacation rental page are Adwords and Facebook campaigns:
- Adwords: go for ads both in your search network and in the display network, where you will have a wide variety of pages where you can show ads to your site.
- Facebook: its strength is that it provides more details about the user profile you want to address and their interests, thanks to the information that each user has on their Facebook profile and their behavior history. This can help you better target the ads to your target audience.
In both cases you can also use remarketing ads, again attracting the attention of those users who visited our site before, even taking into account their behavior in their browsing: if they booked an accommodation or not, how they arrived, how many sections they have visited , etc. This will increase the chances of them finally booking the accommodations visited on the web.
These are some of the techniques you can use on your website to attract more traffic, make them stay longer, while encouraging ythem to book and become your guests. If you still do not have your own vacation rental website, do not hesitate to contact us to advise you on the creation of your website.
Avantio Vacation Rental Channel Manager News
The latest news and updates from the Avantio Vacation Rental System
Content Marketing: What it is and how can it boost your website?
The difference is one of the key principles to defeat competitor. An achievable objetive due to a good Vacation Rental Content Marketing strategy.
How Frankenstein can affect your business
It has been a very quick growth, our market has experimented an impressive growth during last decade, we could easily say that the...
PSD2: How Will OTAs Handle the New Authentication SCA
Various OTAs have already been preparing for the upcoming PSD2 regulation and have started to give the vacation rental agencies solutions. Find out how.
Interview With Our Digital Marketing Expert, Jorge Navarro
We decided to interview our Digital Marketing Expert, Jorge Navarro to give you some tips and talk about everything digital.
PSD2 Explained. Here’s What you Need to Know.
Here we will explain to you all you need to know about PSD2 as a vacation rental agency.
How Do I Promote My Vacation Rental Properties on Instagram?
Are you currently using Instagram to promote your vacation rental properties? If you are not, here are some tips on how you can do so.
A Picture of the Current Situation With Online Payments
Taking into consideration the rapid changes in the different payment options, property managers have to be prepared to take on these changes.
7 Tips and Tricks to Manage Your Customer Reviews
Customer reviews have to be managed properly in order to get a benefit out of them, we wanted to help you with some tips on how to manage them effectively.
How to prevent a chargeback in vacation rental
Avoiding a fraudulent chargeback is more complicated, but not impossible. It is advisable to follow these measures.